CMS student to go Outward Bound
Clark Middle School sixth-grader Abigail Ward was selected as one of 24 middle school student in Expeditionary Learning schools across the United States to receive a full scholarship for a weeklong Outward Bound experience in Maryland
Abigail and the other students will spend their time in the wilderness backpacking, rock-climbing, doing community service, and participating in team initiatives and camp craft activities.
Course lessons will include leadership training, goal-setting, navigation skills, and natural ecology.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers