Herre leads BSHS swimmers at league
The Bonner Springs Bravettes closed out the swimming season on a high note on May 7 at the Independent League Championships at the Bonner Springs YMCA.
The Bravettes placed third overall and second in the inter-league competition.
The young squad had several good individual performances, but only one medal. Emily Herre took third in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 27.81 seconds.
Both the 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams medaled by finishing third in their events, but the 400 freestyle team of Teran Holter, Jaclyn Lira, Kaley Withers and Herre set a new school record with a time of 4:26.95.
Bonner Springs improved throughout the season and began to peak near the end of the year, which is exactly what coach Tierney Thompson asked for from a team that began the year with little experienced but finished the season strong.
Next year the girls will have the experience of swimming all different events and will have dealt with the pressure at meets, Thompson said. She said that experience would, she hoped, lend itself to faster times in the water and more medals to show for it.
More like this story
- Bonner Springs swimmers end season with strong showing at IL Championships
- Herre posts two top-10 finishes at state swimming
- Bonner Springs swimmers first at Leavenworth
- Bonner Springs swimmers take second at Wyandotte County Championships
- BSHS girls swim team clinches share of KVL title in meet's final event