Local church to host groundbreaking
Holy Angels Parish, 154th Street and Leavenworth Road, will have its groundbreaking ceremony for its new church building following 9 a.m. Mass, Sunday, May 18. Joseph F. Naumann, archbishop of the Archdiocese of Kansas City, will officiate.
The new 18,000-square-foot church is expected to open with 700 seats with an eventual 900-seat capacity, vaulted ceilings and abundant natural light. The estimated $5.5 million project should take about 15 months to complete.
More like this story
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row