Murder suspect from Edwardsville
Last week's murder charge wasn't the first against an an Edwardsville man now serving his second week of detention at the Wyandotte County Jail.
Perry L. Parks, 61, was arrested Thursday and charged with first-degree murder and aggravated robbery in connection with the May 7 shooting death of Everett Suits on the 3700 block of Booth in Kansas City, Kan.
Parks had been convicted of second-degree murder in Jackson County, Mo., in 1980, and was paroled in November 1990.
More like this story
- Kaw Valley Relay For Life alters format, seeks participants
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City