Shawnee park to offer night fishing
The first of four overnight fishing opportunities planned at Shawnee Mission Park Lake during 2008 will take place May 31.
After 11 p.m. on that date, the park will be open strictly for fishing only. Park rangers will be on duty throughout the night. All park gates will be open, but access within the park will be limited.
Fishing will be allowed from the bank or from watercraft. State law requires a white light be on at all times on boats on the water after sunset. Anglers ages 16 to 64 will need to have a valid Kansas fishing license, a Johnson County Park and Recreation District fishing permit, and all appropriate boat tags, if applicable. District fishing permits are available at: the JCPRD Registration Office, Building C, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam; in the John Barkley Visitor Center at Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Road; and at numerous local bait and tackle shops.
This year's other overnight fishing opportunities at Shawnee Mission Park are planned for June 21, July 19 and Aug. 23. For more information about the overnight fishing program, call (913) 894-3385.
More like this story
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Wichita to award varsity letters to special needs students
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives