Bates, Lang nab KVA academic honor
The 2007 Kansas Volleyball Association All-Academic Team was announced on May 13.
The team is designed to honor high school varsity volleyball players who have proven excellence in the classroom. To be eligible for this award, varsity letter winners must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent on another scale, during the first semester of the 2007-2008 school year.
This year's team includes 514 players from 100 schools. There are 267 players named to the first team and 247 received honorable mention recognition.
Lansing High juniors Brittney Lang and Julia Bates both earned honorable mention recognition for their academic achievements.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers