Truck overturns on turnpike; westbound traffic backed up
A semitrailer rolled over this morning 10 miles east of Lawrence on Interstate 70 and was blocking westbound traffic, a Kansas Turnpike Authority dispatcher said.
Troopers are still gathering information, but minor injuries have been reported, the dispatcher said.
The rollover wreck occurred in Leavenworth County, 3 miles west of the eastern turnpike toll and ticket booth. The dispatcher said initially the truck was blocking some traffic, but as of 11:15 a.m. troopers reported it no longer was.
Witnesses reported traffic was down to one lane earlier this morning.
More like this story
- Report: Corn planting in Kansas reaches 14 percent
- Linwood teens injured in K-32 car accident
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County