Truck overturns on turnpike; westbound traffic backed up
A semitrailer rolled over this morning 10 miles east of Lawrence on Interstate 70 and was blocking westbound traffic, a Kansas Turnpike Authority dispatcher said.
Troopers are still gathering information, but minor injuries have been reported, the dispatcher said.
The rollover wreck occurred in Leavenworth County, 3 miles west of the eastern turnpike toll and ticket booth. The dispatcher said initially the truck was blocking some traffic, but as of 11:15 a.m. troopers reported it no longer was.
Witnesses reported traffic was down to one lane earlier this morning.
More like this story
- One lane eastbound, two lanes westbound open on Kansas Turnpike after accident one mile east of East Lawrence Interchange
- Crews extinguishing semitrailer fire on Kansas Turnpike
- One person killed, another injured in accident on Kansas Turnpike
- Multiple Monday morning accidents cause traffic delays on turnpike
- Bridge over Kansas Turnpike in Leavenworth County closed after accident