Golf tournament taking registration
The Josh Gaffney Memorial Golf Tournament and Silent Auction will be Thursday, May 29, at Falcon Lakes Golf Course, 4605 Clubhouse Dr., Basehor.
The four player scramble will have a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. The tee package includes 18 holes of golf, cart, gift bag and lunch at Kelley's Grill and Bar in Basehor.
Items in the silent auction include autographed Kansas University memorabilia, dinners, gift cards and more. Cash and checks will be accepted.
The cost is $90 per golfer and is limited to the first 144 players to sign up. Entry forms can be picked up at First State Bank and Trust, 155th Street and State Avenue, Basehor, or by e-mailing tournament chair, Matthew Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry deadline is May 27.
Josh Gaffney, a 14-year-old Basehor-Linwood student, died in a vehicle accident April 27, while his family was traveling to Fort Benning, Ga. All the proceeds from the tournament and auction will go to the Josh Gaffney Memorial Fund at First State Bank and Trust.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood advances to state title game
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules