Kiwanis hears about City Band
Larry Berg, director of the Bonner Springs City Band, was the featured speaker at the regular meeting of the Edwardsville Kiwanis Club last week at Sister's Restaurant.
Berg discussed the history of the band and its operation.
He said the first concert would be at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, June 12, at Kelly Murphy Park.
The band will start preparation for the summer season with a rehearsal 7 p.m., June 5, at Bonner Springs High School. The annual picnic for band members and their families will follow the rehearsal.
Larry Berg returns for his 27th year as director.
Aaron Hall is the band's new assistant director. Hall is teaches band, jazz music appreciation and beginning guitar at Leavenworth High School.
"Those interested in being part of the band simply need to be present for the rehearsal," Berg said.
More information is available by calling 422-7996.
More like this story
- Populating pollinators: Bonner school, Ag Hall create bee-friendly curriculum
- Tractor Daze event expected to be bigger, better
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Pilot killed in Wichita crash ID'd as former Cessna engineer
- Ag Hall adds 5K to Santa Express events