New-father classes offered
The Basehor-Linwood, Bonner Springs, Piper and Tonganoxie Parents as Teachers programs are sponsoring a free class for new fathers 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, Nov. 8.
The class will teach basics such as bathing, burping, diapering, feeding, calming a fussy baby and more.
The program was designed to address the needs and apprehensions of beginning fathers (although moms are welcome to attend and can benefit from the information). For more information and to register, call Craig at (913) 288-4121, or Theresa at (913) 621-2016, ext. 1208. The workshop is sponsored by local Parents as Teachers programs.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism