Edwardsville resident awaits sentencing on murder charge
Edwardsville resident Perry Parks was convicted earlier this month of first-degree murder and aggravated robbery.
Parks was convicted of the May 7 shooting death of Everett Suits on the 3700 block of Booth in Kansas City, Kan.
Parks’ sentencing hearing will be 11 a.m. Dec. 19, in Division 4 of the Wyandotte County Courthouse. Before that, Parks is scheduled for a motion hearing — most likely on a request for a new jury trial — at 8:30 a.m. Friday in Division 4 before Wyandotte County District Judge John McNally.
More like this story
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Bonner police seek help locating missing resident
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County