Enjoy it while price of gasoline stays low
The malaise gripping the global economy has, for now, had one welcome side effect: gasoline prices that are less than half of what they were four months ago.
AAA of Kansas reports regular unleaded gasoline in the Kansas City, Kan., metro area averaged $1.763 per gallon on Tuesday, compared to an all-time high of $4.14 on July 17.
Now, we’re not about to sing “Happy Days are Here Again” — we’re still stinging from the hit our 401(k)s took a month ago — but isn’t it nice to be filling up the gasoline tank for less than $2 a gallon?
The low prices won’t last forever, so fill up the vehicles and take an extended ride. It just might take your mind off of other money matters.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood High to provide laptops for all students
- Bonner-area man named state 'king' of weight loss
- USD 458 receives good bond news
- Top Stories of 2014: The Year in Review for Basehor, Bonner Springs, Edwardsville
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board