15 applicants seek area District Court judgeships
Fifteen people, including one from Tonganoxie and another from Basehor, have applied for two open judgeships in the 1st Judicial District.
The prospective judges submitted applications by the noon Thursday deadline to fill either vacancy created by the retirements of Judge Frederick Stewart, Leavenworth, and Judge Philip C. Lacey, Atchison.
The 1st Judicial District Nominating Commission will convene Oct. 6-7, in the Leavenworth County Justice Center to conduct interviews and select nominees whose names will be submitted to the governor for appointment.
The 1st Judicial District covers Atchison and Leavenworth counties Applicants are:
• Leonard L. Buddenbohm, Atchison County counselor
• Pamela Campbell Burton, private practice, Leavenworth
• Robert D. Campbell, private practice, Atchison
• John W. Fresh, Jr., private practice, Atchison
• Michael D. Gibbens, private practice, Basehor
• Jonathan H. Gregor, private practice, Kansas City
• Carol G. Hall, private practice, Leavenworth
• Terri L. Harris, private practice, Leavenworth
• Michael E. Kelly, private practice, Tonganoxie
• Gerald R. Kuckelman, Atchison County attorney
• Cheryl A. Marquardt, assistant Leavenworth County attorney
• Geoffrey C. Sonntag, assistant Leavenworth County attorney
• Douglas G. Waters Jr., private practice, Leavenworth
• Danny K. Wiley, Leavenworth Municipal Court judge
• Michael F. Willcott, private practice, Leavenworth.