Clark wins tourney
The Clark Middle School seventh-grade volleyball A team brought home a first-place trophy from the Warren Middle School Tournament on Saturday, Sept. 27.
Clark earned a No. 1 seed in bracket play by performing at a high level during pool play. Teams played two-game matches with each game lasting 15 minutes in pool play. Clark won five out of six games in the pool, beating Patton, 24-17, 24-21, and Leavenworth West, 25-18, 25-19, before splitting games with Warren, 25-16, and 18-25.
In the semifinals, Clark needed three games to dispose of West, 16-25, 25-13, 15-12, and then held off Patton in the finals, 18-25, 25-21, 15-12.
Clark coach B.J. Congleton said he was pleased with his team for overcoming adversity to win.
“I was really proud of them for making the adjustment to get serves over and fight back,” he said. “That’s not always easy to do, so I was definitely proud of them for that.”
Team members were Bailey Hightower, Kimberly Sanchez, Mariah Siefert, Valerie Torres, Kennedy Bizzell, Ashlyn Schubert and Angelica Ahumada. The team was managed by Kayla Greer.
More like this story
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Basehor resident organizes ride for veterans' charities
- Leavenworth seeks scores of historical photos
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties