CMS shuts out Warren
The Clark Middle School eighth-grade football team rolled to a 20-0 victory over Warren Middle School on Monday in Leavenworth.
The Clark offensive line was solid all day and gave tailback Aaron Puckett plenty of room to run despite the wet, soggy field conditions. Puckett provided the game’s biggest fireworks when the line opened up a gaping hole and he rumbled 63 yards for a touchdown. Matt Call scored the 2-point conversion.
Puckett also returned a punt 57 yards for a touchdown.
Defensively, Clark started slow but finished strong. Johnathan Blackwell intercepted a pass in the second half and returned it 37 yards for a touchdown.
Clark improved to 3-2 with the victory. It next plays at 4 p.m. Tuesday at home against Atchison.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament