Library’s book series explores Civil War
The Basehor Community Library will offer a four-part book discussion series through December exploring the theme “Before the Civil War.”
Thomas H. Gladstone’s “The Englishman in Kansas,” who arrives just days before the 1856 burning of Lawrence by Quantrill’s raiders is the second book in the series and will be discussed 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20. University professors will lead each discussion.
Members of the community are invited to attend the free programs at the library, 1400 N. 158th St. To check out books or for more information about the series, contact the library at (913) 724-2828.
More like this story
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Kansas Senate to vote on tighter rules for social services
- Thanksgiving holiday's history varied, but meaning holds true
- City of Basehor improving utility payment system
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser