Health Department to offer free flu shots
The Leavenworth County Health Department will have a drive-thru flu shot clinic for adults 18 or older between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at 10th Avenue Park, across from the Warren Middle School, Leavenworth.
The shots are free for the first 100 guests and $10 afterwards. Payment can be cash or check, made out to the Leavenworth County Health Department. Medicare Part B and Medicaid are also accepted.
The department asks that guests do not come early because of morning school traffic. All guests in line by 1 p.m. will get a flu shot.
A complete health form will be required to get the shot. The health department recommends filling out the form before coming. Copies of the form are available at bepreparedleavenworth.org, local libraries and city halls, the Leavenworth County Courthouse, the Leavenworth County Council on Aging and the Leavenworth County Justice Center.
The department also asked that guests have payment or medical cards ready before getting the shot and to wear clothing that will allow easy access to the upper arm.
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature