BLMS winds football season-openers against Lexington Trails
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School football teams opened their seasons with victories against Lexington Trails.
The eighth-grade team earned an 8-0 victory on the road in De Soto. The game was scoreless at halftime. The running game carried the way in the second half, however, and Ben Johnson ran the ball in for a touchdown early in the fourth quarter. He also added the two-point conversion. That proved to be the difference in the game.
The Bulldog defense fended off a late scoring threat to preserve the victory.
The seventh-graders used a 10-yard touchdown run by Chase Younger and a 12-yard score by Tim Sanders to pave the way in a 14-6 victory at home.
Dalton Inlow and Younger both had interceptions for the Bulldogs' defense.
Next up for BLMS is Kaw Valley League rival Lansing on Sept. 16. The seventh-graders will take to the road for the first time, and the eighth-grade squad will be at home.
More like this story
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence