Memorial donation goes to scholarship
Armetta Young and Lana Nevils gave the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP a $500 donation for a scholarship in memory of Pearl Branchcomb, who died in July at age 105.
The scholarship went to LT Lee, a 2008 Bonner High School graduate who is attending school and playing football Missouri State University in Springfield, Mo.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field