Soccer Fest to open new field at BLHS
The Basehor-Linwood Soccer Association will play host to Soccer Fest from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21, at the new Basehor-Linwood High School soccer field. The field is located behind the school and is set back behind the football stadium and new baseball field.
Soccer Fest will celebrate the opening of the new field at BLHS. The event will feature local premier soccer club representatives, a Dribble, Pass and Score competition, and soccer skills games.
The Dribble, Pass and Score competition is open to youths age 4-18. First- and second-place prizes will be awarded in each age group for both boys and girls. Registration is available on-site, or by contacting the BLSA through e-mail at email@example.com or through schools in USD 458. Practice for the contest will be from noon to 2 p.m., and the actual competition will begin at 2 p.m. Participants will need to wear soccer cleats.
Businesses interested in participating or donating to the event or BLSA in general, should contact president Susan Murrell or vice president for communication Elly Seaman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report