Gold PRIDE honors longtime member
On Aug. 27, members of the Gold PRIDE met at the Fairmount Township Fire Station for a catered lunch to honor Chuck Wilderson for all of his service to the community and he and his wife Jane's help with bake sales.
Wilderson has been the coordinator for the Independence Day parade and activities including the fireworks display. He also scheduled helpers at the fireworks fundraiser stand and will be retiring from those duties.
Organizing the recycling drop off on the first Saturday of each month as well as coordinating the annual city wide clean up in Basehor are also on Wilderson's list of community contributions.
The PRIDE organization depends heavily on his support and guidance. If anyone needs help with projects for the community, Wilderson is right there offering a helping hand.
Chuck and Jane recently celebrated their 50th anniversary and we wish them many more happy years together.
Chuck, thanks for all you do for our community.
-- Basehor Gold PRIDE members
More like this story
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- Letter: Support the Blast
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons