Basehor Historical Society Museum to open next weekend
The community is invited to attend the grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony for the Basehor Historical Society Museum from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at the museum, 2812 155th St., Basehor.
Visitors will be transported to the past through photographs, clothing, artifacts and exhibits depicting the history of Basehor since it's founding in 1889 by Ephraim and Ruben Basehor.
Refreshments will be served and youngsters are encouraged to ask about the Basehor Historical Society's emerging youth group for ages 8 to 18.
The regular hours of operation are 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays, 1 to 4 p.m. on Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
For more information, contact the museum at (913) 724-4022.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas House panel to vote on freezing green energy mandate
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row