Two programs on diabetes to be hosted
Providence Diabetes Center and Roche Diagnostics are co-sponsoring two free educational programs on diabetes in April.
The first program, “What Can I Eat?” will be offered from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, in Providence’s Keenan Education Center, 8929 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan. Anne Hytrek, a dietitian with Providence’s Diabetes Center, will be the presenter.
Ruth Noel, coordinator for the Diabetes Center’s outpatient education program, will present the second class, “What are these Blood Sugar Numbers Telling Me, And How Do I Use Them?” from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 28, also in the Keenan Education Center.
The programs are opportunities for anyone interested to learn more about managing diabetes. Participants will receive a free glucose monitor and a packet of educational information.
Both programs are free of charge, but seating is limited. The public is asked to RSVP one week prior to the classes at (866) 273-5461, or sign up online at healthydiabeteshabits.com.
More like this story
- Annual Basehor Easter Egg Hunt announced
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow