Christian group plans golf tournament fundraiser
As spring weather creeps in, area golfers are chomping at the bit to get out and golf. But they won’t have to wait much longer because the Young Life Kaw Valley has scheduled its Second Annual Golf Tournament for Friday, April 17, at Dub's Dread Golf Club.
Young Life is the largest Christian outreach to teenagers in the world, and the local Kaw Valley chapter has been working with Bonner Springs and Basehor teens for three years. It is a not-for-profit organization, existing only through support of local businesses, residents and events like this tournament.
Cost to participate in the Young Life Tournament is $99 per golfer, which includes a golf cart and 18 holes of golf, prizes, beverage tickets and a barbecue dinner following the tournament.
The grand prize is $10,000 for a hole-in-one at par 3, and secondary prizes include a flat screen T.V. and roundtrip tickets anywhere in the U.S. Companies wishing to promote their business can sponsor a hole for $250.
Pre-registration is requested by April 13, but no one will be turned away the day of the tournament. To donate prizes or for questions, contact the tournament chair, Randy Cunningham, at (913) 927-3261 or by e-mail at Randy@RandyCunningham.net.
More like this story
- Lawmakers question Kansas policy on tax credit information
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues