Scholars Bowl members presented with letters
Varsity letters for the Basehor-Linwood High School Scholars Bowl team were presented to six students at the team's awards ceremony April 2.
Senior letter winners were co-captains Jessyka Coulter and Heather Carmitchel, along with Emily Thomas, Skylar James and Tiffany Jennings. Alec Smith, a freshman, also lettered.
Receiving junior varsity certificates were Anne Dickinson, Kaitlyn Coulter, Landen Nigh and Kaylene Skidmore.
Heather Carmitchel was announced as the top scorer for the Scholars Bowl varsity team, while Alec Smith was the top scorer for combined points in both varsity and junior varsity competition.
More like this story
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Attitudes slowly changing as awareness of mental health issues increases
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books