Bobcats sweep Piper
The Basehor-Linwood baseball team picked up its first victories of the season Thursday night, and the Bobcats did it over a highly touted opponent.
BLHS swept Piper — one of the Kaw Valley League's most consistently strong programs — by scores of 2-1 and 8-6.
Tyler Henley threw five shutout, no-hit innings to start game one. Justin Gripka closed it out for the save.
Ben Zuk earned the victory on the mound in game two, while Kyle Savner and Gripka provided solid relief. Gripka earned the save in game two as well.
BLHS next plays Monday at Perry-Lecompton.
More like this story
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Lawmakers advance abortion, election law tweaks on 100th day
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties