10 Years Ago (April 22, 1999)
The USD 458 (Basehor-Linwood) Board of Education voted to install air conditioning in the high school gym.
The New Century Club donated $135 to the Bonner Springs High School yearbook staff to purchase a new camera. Cheryl Coleman was shown in a photo presenting the check to Nancy Yankovich, sponsor, and Sarah Szwec.
25 Years Ago (April 26, 1984)
Dr. Jeff Elmer was elected president of the Bonner Springs Optimist Club. Members of the board of directors were: Dan Trent, Dan Byers, George Dingey, Dick Hillman, Larry Courtney and John May.
Two new businesses, Flatland Industries and Cramer, Inc., announced plans to build facilities in Edwardsville.
Juanita Stude, Bonner Springs Eastern Star, was honored as a state officer. She was installed as Grand Adah for the Grand Chapter of Kansas.
50 Years Ago (April 23, 1959)
W. D. McMullen was appointed as superintendent for the Bonner Springs Grade School system. He had been serving as temporary superintendent.
Arnold Fairchild was heading up the campaign to raise funds for Sacred Heart School.
Elbert Woolf, chief of police, charged five boys with a series of acts of vandalism throughout the community.
Martha Branson registered as a contestant for the title of “Miss Bonner Springs.”
100 Years Ago (April 23, 1909).
Mayor A. B. C. Dague and the new councilmen took the oath of office. The council’s first agenda items were appointments. They were: A. G. Parker, city clerk; Ben Milstead, marshal; George Foote, street commissioner; Robert Pigg, superintendent and inspector, water department; Nelson Hawkinson, cemetery sexton and George Kreach, treasurer.