BLHS baseball sweeps SFT
The Basehor-Linwood baseball team moved to 6-3 on the season with an impressive sweep of Santa Fe Trail on Friday.
The Bobcats pummeled the Chargers in the opener, 16-0, and then rolled to an 18-2 victory in the nightcap. Both games ended early because of the run rule.
BLHS now is 4-2 in the Kaw Valley League.
The Bobcats received hits from all nine starters in game one. Five players had two hits, led by Ryan Lawless, who jacked a home run and added a triple to go with four runs batted in. Austin Stubbs also hit a home run in the victory.
Justin Gripka collected the victory on the mound, allowing just two hits in four innings of work.
In game two, eight of the nine starters had hits and five produced multi-hit games. Jeff Johnson went 3-for-3 at the plate and scored three runs. Lawless added another home run and a triple and had five RBI for the Bobcats.
Ben Zuk collected his second pitching victory in a week, allowing just two runs while striking out eight.
The Bobcats now have won six of their last seven. They are slated to play at 3 p.m. Monday against Lansing at BLHS.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Lyric Opera returns to BLHS for workshop
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Leavenworth County Fair schedule
- Kansas City Connection: The debut of KC Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' and other family activities