Canceled race continues today
After completing about 53 laps of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 at the Kansas Speedway, drivers on Saturday were forced to temporarily give up the wheel as the race was rescheduled for today, April 27, due to inclement weather.
Despite more rain this morning, president of the Kansas Speedway Jeff Boerger said the race, originally rescheduled for 10 a.m., would still be happening today as long as the track can be dried off. He said the track is being dried off now and that the race would probably go off at about noon this afternoon.
Racers are expected to complete the 167-lap race if the weather holds out. Boerger said only 32 more laps are needed for the race to become official.
For more updates about today’s race, visit kansasspeedway.com or call the Speedway at (913) 328-3300.
More like this story
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie
- Face to Face: Basehor pastor Amy Lippoldt
- Showcase of sunflowers at Grinter Farms near Tonganoxie should be in peak bloom in coming days
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Andy Frazier
- U.S. Justice Department awards $950,000 to 2 Kansas tribes