Free smoke alarms offered to Lansing residents
Lansing Police Department, Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 and the Leavenworth County Safe Kids Coalition recently received another grant to distribute free smoke alarms.
To receive the alarms, fire department officials must complete a safety check of the residence and install the alarms. The alarms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lansing residents should call (913) 727-5844 to request the safety check.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Safe Kids Coalition provide the alarms as part of a statewide education and preventive fire safety program. The smoke alarms come with a 10-year lithium battery. The smoke alarms are available to any resident within Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 response area, which includes all of the city of Lansing. For more information, contact the fire department at (913) 727-5844.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests