Free smoke alarms offered to Lansing residents
Lansing Police Department, Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 and the Leavenworth County Safe Kids Coalition recently received another grant to distribute free smoke alarms.
To receive the alarms, fire department officials must complete a safety check of the residence and install the alarms. The alarms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lansing residents should call (913) 727-5844 to request the safety check.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Safe Kids Coalition provide the alarms as part of a statewide education and preventive fire safety program. The smoke alarms come with a 10-year lithium battery. The smoke alarms are available to any resident within Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 response area, which includes all of the city of Lansing. For more information, contact the fire department at (913) 727-5844.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Linwood teens injured in K-32 car accident
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence