Bonner Springs swimmers first at Leavenworth
Anchored by another impressive outing by Emily Herre, the Bonner Springs High School girls swimming team won its meet Monday in Leavenworth against Maur Hill Mount Academy and Leavenworth.
The victory sets the stage for a busy stretch for BSHS as it competes today at the Topeka Invitational and then again Thursday, May 7, at the Wyandotte County Championships.
“There still is lots of swimming to come,” BSHS coach Tierney Thompson said, “so I’m looking forward to seeing how all of their hard work will pay off.”
On Monday, that hard work paid major dividends.
Herre led the way for the Bravettes as she turned in first-place finishes in the 100-yard butterfly and 100 breaststroke. She also participated on two first-place relay teams — the 200 medley and 200 freestyle relays.
Toni Stock was a member of both championship relay squads, and she also contributed second-place finishes in the 200 freestyle and the 500 freestyle.
In addition, Kaley Withers placed second in the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle. Monica Sorensen, Jaclyn Lira and Teran Holter each added second- and third-place finishes for the Bravettes.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Ag Department to estimate farmers' spring planting plans
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood takes down Mill Valley