Amelia Earhart visits Basehor museum
Amelia Earhart flew into Basehor Thursday to talk to some community members at the Basehor Historical Museum.
History alive performer Ann Birney travels all around the globe impersonating Earhart and telling the story of the famous aviator's life.
Birney shared stories about Earhart's childhood, as well as experiences from some of her first flights.
At 7 p.m. today, Thursday, Birney will also appear at the Basehor Community Library.
For more in this story, see the Aug. 13 issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas spent nearly $7,800 to rid state building of pests
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement