Leavenworth County Fair: Day 4
• 8 a.m.
Livestock showmanship round robin (show arena)
• 9:30-10:15 a.m.
Livestock judging contest registration (show arena)
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Senior Day at the Fair, sponsored by the Leavenworth County Council on Aging (Under the Big Top)
• 11:30 a.m.
4-H rockets launched (baseball field near fairgrounds)
• 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Ag Challenge of Champions (4-H office), a skill-a-thon to challenge a person’s overall agriculture knowledge. Open to all.
• 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Reception for 2008 4-H/FFA livestock buyers (show arena)
• 6-6:15 p.m.
4-H spirit awards, ag challenge of champions and 4-H scholarships announced (show arena)
• 6:30 p.m.
4-H/FFA market animals, which were blue and red ribbon winners in the fair, will be auctioned off (show arena).
• 7 p.m.
Stompers 4x4 Mud Run (north of parking area)
Admission: Adults, $10; children 6-12, $5; children younger than 6, free. For rules and regulations, visit stompers4x4.com.
• 8 p.m.
Under the Big Top, free admission. Performing: Arnie Johnson and Midnight Special.
More like this story
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Searching for signs of Spring to end winter blues
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat