Basehor-Linwood sees lower ACT scores
Basehor-Linwood ACT scores echoed a trend in many other schools across the state with a slight decline in the average composite for the 2008-2009 school year.
Basehor-Linwood's average score for the year was 21.5, down 0.1 from the previous year. The average for all Kansas schools decreased to 21.9 from 22, and the national average remained the same as last year at 21.1.
The ACT test measures students' knowledge in the areas of math, science, reading and English and is one of the factors colleges consider when accepting new students.
Scores for other area schools include: Bonner Springs, 20.9; Easton, 20.9; Lansing, 22.8; Leavenworth, 21.1; Piper, 20.9; Tonganoxie, 21.9; Turner, 18.9.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs camp director Patty Nickell
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career