Leppke a finalist for Fontana Award
Olathe Basehor-Linwood senior quarterback Brandon Leppke was one of 20 high school football players recognized at the Thomas A. Simone Awards ceremony Tuesday at Olathe North High School.
The awards recognize the top high school football players in the greater Kansas City area.
Leppke was one of four finalists for the Fontana Award, which goes to the best small-class football player in the area. He was nominated alongside Staley (Mo.) running back Evan Campbell, University Academy (Mo.) quarterback Darreen White and O'Hara (Mo.) High quarterback TJ White.
Darreen White was selected as the Fontana Award winner.
Keeston Terry, Blue Springs (Mo.) wide receiver, won the Otis Taylor Award. Joe Windsor of Kearney (Mo.) won the Bobby Bell Award. Jordan Chrisman of Blue Springs won the Buck Buchannan Award.
Olathe North standout running back James Franklin won the Thomas A. Simone Memorial Award, which is presented to the top big-class football player in Kansas City.
For more on the ceremony, pick up Thursday's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Kansas City reaches deal to create 'Smart City' network
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender