Wreath ceremony taking place in Leavenworth
Basehor fifth-grade teacher Michelle Ablard and her students have organized another tribute to fallen veterans.
For the second year, the Basehor Elementary group will lead an 11 a.m. service Dec. 12 at Leavenworth National Cemetery. As part of the program Wreaths Across America, the class raised money to buy holiday wreaths to decorate the graves of deceased soldiers in the cemetery.
Last year students and visitors placed wreaths on 450 graves, and they plan to have even more wreaths on Saturday.
Members of the public are welcome to attend this event, and people are encouraged to arrive early to find adequate parking.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly