Chamber raises money, appoints new members
The Basehor Chamber of Commerce Christmas raised $1,292 through a silent auction Dec. 10 at its annual Christmas dinner. The money will be donated to Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services, which provides assistance to families in need within USD 458.
Also that evening, four new chamber board members were appointed: Jeffery A. Sutton, law firm of Gibbons, Sutton and Sonntag LLC; Carla Kaiser, director of the Basehor Community Library; Deb Taylor, CPA with Kramer and Associates; and Valarie Grant, owner of Creative Promotions.
Thanks and appreciation were extended to the outgoing board members: Susan Guy, Melanie Morris, manager of First State Bank and Trust who served as secretary; and Susan Adams, R and S Equipment, who served as treasurer.
More like this story
- Remember When for April 30, 2015
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie
- Showcase of sunflowers at Grinter Farms near Tonganoxie should be in peak bloom in coming days
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures