Bobcats crush Lions, improve to 4-1
Basehor-Linwood avenged last season’s court-warming loss to Lansing with a 67-38 victory on Friday.
The Bobcats dominated the game from the start with a 13-0 run in which Ryan Murphy scored every point. The run forced a Lansing timeout, and BLHS led 24-8 at the end of the first quarter.
The rout was on as the Bobcats led 46-15 at halftime and rolled to a victory. The fourth quarter was played with a running clock as BLHS led by more than 30 points for most of it.
Ryan Murphy led the team with 19 points. He was joined in double figures by Colin Murphy who scored 15 points and Jake Hattock who finished with 12 points.
Calvin Schneider led Lansing with 17 points.
With the win, Basehor-Linwood improves to 4-1 on the season and 2-0 in the Kaw Valley League. A full recap of the game will be included in Thursday’s edition of The Basehor Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures