Lansing freshmen open with victory
The Lansing High freshman girls basketball team opened the season with a 49-39 victory against Bonner Springs on Friday, Dec. 4, at LHS.
The Lions took the lead from the beginning and never looked back during a very fast paced game. Both teams had turnover issues during the first half, which lead to the majority of points coming from inside the paint.
Morgan Bromell led the Lions with 18 points, Morgan Johnson scored 12, Bri Lozenski had 7, Kacy Lewis scored 4, Danielle Pendergraft had 4, Dana Harvey had 2 and Ali Scheurer added 2.
Bromell had eight rebounds, and Lozenski and Kylee Darrow had four boards apiece.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Bonner small business awarded by SBDC