Turnpike interchange to open at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday
Leavenworth County's first Kansas Turnpike interchange will open at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. The Tonganoxie/Eudora interchange is roughly 3 miles south of Tonganoxie.
Kansas Turnpike Authority officials plan an event signaling the opening of the interchange at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Tonganoxie Middle School, 824 Washington St.
KTA board of directors chairman Mary Turkington, as well as Leavenworth County Commission chairman John Flower will speak at the event. Refreshments will be served.
The interchange is the first of its kind in Kansas, as it will be automated and will have self-pay machines similar to those found in large retail or grocery stores.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Edwardsville Parks and Rec's Gold Glove Week to raise funds for Children's Mercy