BLHS girls snap skid with victory over Tonganoxie
The Basehor-Linwood girls basketball team snapped its four-game losing streak Tuesday night and, in the process, kept its goal of winning the Kaw Valley League alive.
The Bobcats (9-4 overall, 4-2 KVL) defeated Tonganoxie, 51-36, at the BLHS gymnasium.
Previously, BLHS lost two non-league games in its home tournament as well as narrow league contests against Lansing and Mill Valley.
On Tuesday the Bobcats were back to their old form. They exploded to a 13-6 lead after the first quarter and kept THS at an arms length the rest of the night.
For a full recap, pick up Thursday's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway