BLHS girls snap skid with victory over Tonganoxie
The Basehor-Linwood girls basketball team snapped its four-game losing streak Tuesday night and, in the process, kept its goal of winning the Kaw Valley League alive.
The Bobcats (9-4 overall, 4-2 KVL) defeated Tonganoxie, 51-36, at the BLHS gymnasium.
Previously, BLHS lost two non-league games in its home tournament as well as narrow league contests against Lansing and Mill Valley.
On Tuesday the Bobcats were back to their old form. They exploded to a 13-6 lead after the first quarter and kept THS at an arms length the rest of the night.
For a full recap, pick up Thursday's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender