Basehor third-grader dies as result of asthma attack
A Basehor Elementary third-grader died this week.
Basehor Police Chief Lloyd Martley said Jared R. McDonnell, 9, went into cardiac arrest on the evening of Sunday, Feb. 1.
Martley said that the boy’s parents told police that the 9-year-old had severe asthma, and he stopped breathing after he had an asthmatic attack right before they called for an ambulance.
Responding officers performed CPR on McDonnell until the ambulance arrived, Martley said.
McDonnell was transported to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., where he died Monday, Feb. 2.
An obituary for McDonnell appears on page 9.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood high coach Ross Schwisow
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers