BLMS seventh-grade boys beat MTMS, fall to Piper
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School boys basketball teams swept a pair of games from Monticello Trails on Thursday, Feb. 5.
The junior varsity squad opened the day with a 34-27 victory and used a balanced scoring effort in the process.
Andrew Magana and Jake Bailey scored a team-high 6 points apiece. Bryan Crowe scored 5 points; Alex Jackson scored 4; Logan Potts had 4; Mark Vitt added 4; Broc Lindsay chipped in 3 and Zach Fry scored 2.
The BLMS varsity squad dominated its game and won, 47-28.
Chase Younger scored a game-high 14 points for Basehor and Tim Sanders added 10. In addition, Sean Potter had 6 points; Jay O’Bryan, Avery Fliger, J.P. Downing and Lindsay had 4 apiece and Bailey added 1.
On Monday, the Bulldogs were back in action against Piper, and both teams were defeated.
First, the JV squad fell in a 26-10 decision. Magana scored 8 points and Gage Wiser had the other 2.
The JV slipped to 8-2 for the season.
Then the varsity squad was defeated, 45-25. Younger led the Bulldogs with 12 points and Downing scored 3. In addition, Sanders, Fliger, Magana, Potter and Lindsay each had 2.
The varsity squad fell to 6-2 for the season.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide