Neighbors: DeeDee Charles
Occupation: Glenwood Ridge Elementary School secretary
Family: Husband, Tom Charles, son, Dan Charles, daughter, Tawnya Matthews
Place of birth: Missouri
Q: When did you move to Basehor, and what brought you there?
A: 1979. We moved for the country, schools and quiet.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: Purchasing a home.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: Treat people the way you want to be treated.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I love children, strong faith, I love to daydream!
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: Country singer
Q: What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A: Colorado Mountains
Song: “I have to say I love you in a song,” by Jim Croce
Food: All food
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms