10 Years Ago, (February 18, 1999)
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to mark the grand opening of the Bonner Springs Wendy’s.
The Basehor-Linwood Board of Education continued planning for the opening of the new Glenwood Ridge Elementary School.
25 Years Ago, (February 22, 1985)
Al Ramirez was elected chairman of the board of directors of the Marion Vaughn Christmas Fund. Barbara Roberts was the new secretary.
Ken May was elected president of BID (Bonner Springs Industrial Development, Inc.). Joe Perry was vice president of the not-for-profit economic development group.
Blanche Murphy, Norma Jean Palmer and Lois Leibnow were hostesses for the Glenwood EHU meeting.
50 Years Ago, (February 26, 1959)
Frank Bowker, principal at Edwardsville Grade School, announced plans to resign at the end of the term.
Howard Kuhlman announced plans to open K & K Appliance Repair in his home north of Bonner Springs.
Connie Mack III, grandson of Connie Mack, founder of the A’s baseball team, was the featured speaker at the Bonner Springs Rotary Club.
100 Years Ago, (February 18, 1909)
A meeting was held to discuss construction of a new school building.
N. D. Penrod moved his meat market to the building formerly occupied by the Klamm Brothers Store.
The Bonner Springs City Council again discussed dividing the city into five districts (wards) for the election of council members.
Machinery was being installed at the La Rock Machine Shop. A gas engine on the lower floor was to be used to power the equipment.
A sled load of young people from Elm Grove visited Henry Smith in the Jewett area for a Sunday night social.
The city council voted to purchase a badge for the marshal which he had to wear at all times when on duty.