School district program awarded two grants
Basehor-Linwood YouthFriends will be awarded $4,500 for participation in its first year of the Kansas Department of Education/Office of Juvenile Justice Authority three-year grant stipend through 2011. This funding is through the Kansas Career Pipeline and its partnership with YouthFriends e-Mentor “career exploration” projects.
The following districts are involved in the grant this year: Basehor-Linwood USD 458, Clay Center 379, Pittsburg USD 250, Ottawa USD 290, Royal Valley USD 337, Emporia USD 253, Hutchinson USD 308, Sterling USD 376, Haysville USD 261, Wichita USD 259, Liberal USD 480, and Shawnee Mission USD 512.
The Kansas City Chiefs awarded Basehor-Linwood YouthFriends Corps “Care Cats” program with a $1,800 grant for its “Mentor Me” literacy project. The funding for this grant is through the 2008 Junior Community Quarterback grant.
More like this story
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Remember When for Feb. 26, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map