Severe weather seminar offered
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kan., will play host to the 2009 Severe Weather Seminar at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 7, in the Performing Arts Auditorium on the Kansas City, Kan., Community College campus, 7250 State Avenue.
Evan Bookbinder, a forecast meteorologist with the National Weather Service, will be the guest speaker.
In addition, there will be an annual statewide tornado drill in the early afternoon of Tuesday, March 10. If severe weather forces the drill to be canceled, the alternate date will be Thursday, March 12.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education