BLHS boys defeat Bonner Springs
It was senior night at Basehor-Linwood on Friday night and the gym was packed to see one senior have a pretty good send-off. Guard Tanner Bowers started off hot and continued to pour in baskets all night on his way to 24 points in the Bobcat's 82-57 victory.
With the win, BLHS finished second in the Kaw Valley League to Lansing, who won on Friday night to clinch the KVL title.
Basehor jumped out to an early 20-6 lead as the first quarter wound down, but BSHS freshman J.J. Jackson added 5 quick points to close the deficit to 9.
In the second quarter, the Bobcats faced an unexpected 2-3 zone from the Braves. It took little time to make Bonner pay as Bowers nailed two 3-pointers. When the Braves switched back to their trapping press, Basehor hit seven easy baskets inside and extended the score to 48-25 by halftime.
In the second half BSHS cut the lead to 18 points, but were unable to mount a significant run.
Junior forward Clint Schierbaum scored 15 points for the Bobcats.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Summer may be half over, but there are still events to be enjoyed