Seaton falls in semifinals, assured of state medal
Basehor-Linwood sophomore Symon Seaton is assured of being a state medalist for the second straight year, but the number on the medal will be anywhere from three through six.
Seaton fell in the state semifinals Friday night, losing a 3-1 decision to Kyle Johnson of Columbus. In doing so, Seaton's shot at a state championship ended.
He next competes Saturday afternoon in the consolation semifinals.
In other action, 103-pounder Mike Torrez and 145-pounder Joe Johnson still have hopes of medaling. After falling in the first round, both won their first match in the consolation bracket and advanced to Saturday's competition.
Miles Brown (130 pounds) and Garret Kahle (140 pounds) both were eliminated from state after going 0-2.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map