BLHS girls improve to 4-0; boys fall to Sumner
The Basehor-Linwood High School boys and girls basketball teams opened up the new year in opposing fashion Tuesday night.
The BLHS girls defeated Sumner Academy, 48-36, behind 13-point efforts from senior Bren Koontz and sophomore Megan Bergstrom.
The Basehor boys fell to Sumner by a 58-47 score. Freshman Ryan Murphy scored 22 points to lead the Bobcats.
For a full recap of both games, pick up Thursday's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Wheat harvest tradition returns across Kansas
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts